How to Install Presets for Lightroom v5.0 - v7.2 (older versions)
The following are installation instructions for presets in previous versions of Lightroom (v5.0 - v7.2). If you have Lightroom v7.3 or higher, then use the installation instructions at this link: http://bit.ly/install_presets_new.
How To Install
The following are installation instructions for Lightroom Versions 5.0 - 7.2
- Open Lightroom's Presets Folder
- To find the Lightroom Presets Folder you have to go to Preferences
- If you have a PC click in the top menu "Edit" > "Preferences"
- If you have a Mac click "Lightroom" > "Preferences"
- A new window opens - select the Presets tab
- Under "Location" make sure the field, "Store presets with this catalog" is UNCHECKED
- Click on the button, "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" which opens the Adobe folders on your computer
- Click to open the folder called "Lightroom"
- Click to open the folder called "Develop Presets"
- If you have not installed any presets you will only see a folder called "User Presets" Don't install your new presets in the "User Presets" folder.
- Copy your presets you got from LensLab (make sure you've UNZIPPED them)
- Paste your presets into the "Develop Presets" folder
- Quit Lightroom
- When your re-open Lightroom, your presets will be installed!
Using Your PresetsTo access your presets, go to the Develop module and you will see them in the left hand panel. Click on the name of any preset to apply it to your photos.
Installing Local Adjustment Brushes
FYI! Please DO NOT put Brushes into the same folder as the Presets! It will mess things up if you do!
The following instructions are how you install the included Brushes: (more details can be found at this link.
- Open Lightroom and go to Preferences
- Click the button "Show all other Lightroom Presets"
- Open the folder "Local Adjustment Presets" and hit paste:
- Restart Lightroom
Lightroom Preset Troubleshooting Guide
- If the download doesn't work, try a different browser.
- Do NOT choose “open” the file after download. Simply hit save, then close that dialogue box. If you're on a PC, open a Windows Explorer window and locate the zip file, which is most likely in your Downloads folder. Extract the file using according to these instructions.
- Can't Unzip? If on a PC right clicking does not offer “extract files”, then you may need to download an external program to unzip. We recommend trying as 7-Zip, a free unzipping program.
- If when trying to unzip you get "Path too long" error, use a decompression utility such as 7-Zip, that can handle long file paths. https://www.7-zip.org
- Still having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Presets Not Showing Up in Lightroom
- Try to shut down Lightroom and then restart it.
- If the preset collection name is showing up in Lightroom but not the individual brushes, then click the triangle to the left of the collection name and the templates will drop down.
- Double check to make sure you copied the contents of the folder you downloaded into the "Develop" folder and not a different folder.
- Make sure what you copied the correct presets into the correct folder.
- Do NOT check “Store Presets With Catalog.” This setting will appear to the left of "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" in your Preferences menu.
- Make sure that you EXTRACTED the zip file. If you simply double-clicked on the folder (on a PC), you will get access to the presets, but those will NOT be extracted files and will NOT copy or paste correctly or show up in Lightroom for you.
For additional help from Adobe about how to install Presets in Lightroom visit: