How To Install Lightroom Brushes
1. First, select and copy all the files contained in the included folder called "LensLab Brushes":
2. Next Open Lightroom and go to Preferences. If you're on a Mac, go into Lightroom, (to the left of File), then down to Preferences. If you're on a PC, go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File), then Preferences.
3. Then, in Preferences, click the button "Show all other Lightroom Presets"
4. Open the folder "Local Adjustment Presets" and paste the brush files from in your download, into the “Local Adjustment Presets” folder (these are the .lrtemplate files).
- Restart Lightroom
Lightroom Brush Troubleshooting Guide
Brush Download Issues:
- If the download doesn't work, try a different browser.
- Do NOT choose “open” the file after download. Simply hit save, then close that dialogue box. If you are on a PC, then open a Windows Explorer window and locate the zip file, which is most likely in your Downloads folder.
- Can't Unzip? If on a PC right clicking does not offer “extract files”, then you may need to download an external program to unzip. We recommend trying as 7-Zip, a free unzipping program.
- If when trying to unzip you get "Path too long" error, use a decompression utility such as 7-Zip, that can handle long file paths. https://www.7-zip.org
- Still having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Brushes Not Showing Up in Lightroom
- Try shutting down Lightroom and then restart it.
- If the Preset collection is showing up in Lightroom instead of the individual brushes, then click the triangle to the left of the collection name and the templates will drop down.
- Double check to make sure you copied the contents of the folder you downloaded into the "Local Adjustments" folder and not the "Develop" folder.
- Make sure what you copied into the "Local Adjustments" folder actually holds the brush presets and not another folder that contains those brush presets (i.e. folder within a folder).
- Do NOT check “Store Presets With Catalog.” This setting will appear to the left of "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" in your Preferences menu.
- Make sure that you EXTRACTED the zip file. If you simply double-clicked on the folder (on a PC), you will get access to the presets, but those will NOT be extracted files and will NOT copy or paste correctly or show up in Lightroom for you.
For additional help from Adobe about how to install Presets in Lightroom visit: